1. Take pictures of what remains to help trigger memory for filing claims
2. Cancel or pause all utilities, internet, cable, satellite etc.
3. Reach out to American Red Cross or Salvation Army for immediate financial assistance.
4. Call Mortgage company and ask if you can defer payments for 6 months and add it to the back end of the loan.
5. Call Auto Loan company and ask for 1-3 month deferral
6. Ask USPS to hold mail for up to 6 months. They should do this at no cost allowing you to go get your mail without paying for a post office box.
7. Check with area Realtors Association to see if they can help with 1 months’ rent or mortgage.